100 Mile House – 100 Mile House and area have received $164,750 so far this year in B.C. Government gaming grants in the human and social services sector announced MLA Donna Barnett.
Funding provided to organizations in this latest round of gaming grants supports programs that significantly contribute to the quality of life in the community, including assisting the disadvantaged or distressed, promoting health or enhancing opportunities for youth.
Organizations in 100 Mile House receiving grants include:
- 100 Mile House & District Women’s Centre Society $17,000
- Lone Butte, Horse Lake Community Association $10,000
Why this matters:
- Community gaming grants in the human and social services sector benefit food banks, hospice societies, community services, service clubs, counselling programs and organizations that assist people coping with challenging life situations, including addictions, serious injuries or disabilities.
- Every year the Province approves approximately $135 million in community gaming grants for not-for-profit organizations, with the human and social services sector receiving the largest share of this annual funding.
- Over 5,000 local not-for-profit organizations representing virtually every community in British Columbia benefit from this funding every year. These organizations provide invaluable services in their communities.
- Eligible organizations applying for gaming grant funding are distributed across six sectors including: arts and culture; sport; environment; public safety; human and social services; parent and district parent advisory councils.
Cariboo-Chilcotin MLA Donna Barnett –
“The two organizations receiving funding provide invaluable services to their communities in their own unique ways. I’m glad that women in 100 Mile House will continue to have a safe place to go in times of crisis, and those in Lone Butte will continue to benefit from their community programs.”
For more information:
Full application information for community gaming grants is available online at: http://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/sports-culture/gambling-fundraising/gaming-grants